Saturday 10 November 2012

Projected Repercussions

Out here, a good night of sleep comes with a lot of guilt. The thought itself is like blasphemy.

And the thing about blasphemy is that she’s my bitch for all eternity. Every now and then, she crawls back into my life like a forgotten debt. Take last night for instance, when she sneaked into our tents and lured me right to bed. She grabbed hold of me and didn’t let go till the sun came up. It must have been around midnight. I can’t really be sure. Such was her insistence. Such was the severity in her advances that I lost all track of time and went for tot submission.

No wonder I woke up ripe with repent. It was a shit move on my part, very unbecoming and totally uncool. Not implying that I didn’t have my reasons, no, that’s definitely not the case. I was immensely tired. But I sure could have braved the fatigue just a bit longer.

Take a leaf from the crew and their exploits, maybe.



They work out of their skins, throughout the day, in conditions that aren’t conducive to any kind of labour. They give it their all. Compared to them, I can really only disappoint. Those guys have raised the bar so fucking high that it seems inappropriate to even yawn. And I went so far ahead as sleeping.

Yet in hindsight, I know I must have been extremely worn down to have done what I did. I am not the kind that bails out on his team, you know. I am a hard worker and I like to play fair. You know what they say, though. Hindsight doesn’t count for shit. Repercussions do.

‘You missed quite a night, Stage. Check these out’.


At breakfast, Mod gave me a sneak peek into their travails of last night. The guys were up till 4, experimenting with different ideas for visual projections and imagery. They even locked a few concepts down.

Even Deputy R couldn’t stop talking about it.

‘Arrey, kya baat kar raha hai yaar! It was out of this world. Viktor was right on the button. It looked like a magic curtain. Batman was dancing around it. Mod and Deputy SK were clicking photographs. Kaptaan was swearing like he never has. Everyone was totally gushing’.


I missed it all. I was sleeping with my bitch.
It comes with a lot of guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment