Thursday 8 November 2012

Extract. Come back.

‘Chalein Ammara’?
A part of the crew heads out with Kaptaan. They have their hats, caps and shades on. A pickup truck takes them to the farthest point of the festival, the electronic music stage. Back tells me it needs immediate attention. What doesn't?

Mod, Viktor and Rock stay back at the camp.


Here as a team that thrives within itself, they talk about their plans for today. They are here to create visuals for us, the kind of stuff that sounds too cool and improbable to execute. But then, that’s just me. I lack imagination. These guys definitely don’t. One look at their notebook screens and I'm astonished already.

Batman too is at the camp. I can hear him talking on his phone. That’s how he gets most of his work done. That’s how he keeps this festival from falling apart. I can’t quite get how that makes any sense, but I am told he cannot afford being off it even for an instant.


Sometimes, I wonder if he is actually just talking to the phone and psyching himself out.

Back is nowhere to be seen. He must be working in a quiet spot with some shade. That’s how he gets his creative juices flowing. That’s his mojo. That’s how he comes up with gold. If not for him, I don’t think this blog would have any readers.

‘Makes a lot of sense, I think. He is looking at the centre from outside the centre. He is making an objective view. Fuck yeah, that makes sense. He is a smart guy’.

Viktor gets it too. He endorses it in fact.

I clearly don’t. I have my headphones. They are loud and clear and fucking intense. I use them to extract from the centre. Are they any help? Well, my posts read like a load of crap and my ear hurts like a sting.

I must soon find a quiet spot with some shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment