Saturday 3 November 2012

Madcap Chatter

We have had a day of startling conversations. Here's a few.

1745 hours
On site
Deputy N and Deputy R
What are you doing, dude? You look retarded.
What? It's impossible for me to not play with sand when I am having a sit down. I can't help it, ok.
You can totally help it, OK. Stop having a sit down. That's how.

0110 hours
Tent 04
Back and Batman
Do you even realise how far you've spread out now? People are going to get lost in this vastness.
Well, maybe.
Doesn't that concern you at all? 
It does. But you know what? The kind of vibe that we have, Back, I don't think anybody would mind getting lost. It can be fun too, you know.

0415 hours
Tent 04
Batman and Back
What time is it?
Time for you to go to sleep, dude. Tomorrow will be a long day.
We've got 12 days to do what we need at least 45 for. Trust me, I need every day to be long.

1040 hours
Staff Camp
Sheriff and Deputy V
Which way is Olun facing? Towards the rising sun?
I don't know. I'll have to check.
Which way is Morio facing?
I don't know. I'll have to check.
What? Haven't you been marking everything?
Just the pathways. I am awaiting instructions for the rest. Don't even get me started on how confused I am.

1215 hours
On site
Kaptaan and Deputy V
The pathway has gone wakda, bro. Look at it.
It's the desert. Everything is wakda, no?
Arrey! How are people going to walk like that?
Wakda!

This was fun. I can't wait to do more. 

Meanwhile, Batman and Kaptaan take another walk.


They need to plot each section to absolute perfection, all within the next seven days. Thereafter, the design teams would take over.

Seven days. That's all.
Let's make the best of it.

1 comment:

  1. Whaaaaaaat! I thought they made it more compact... this is more of a NEWS blog now!!

    ReplyDelete