Sunday 21 October 2012

Skyfall

“Skyfall is releasing, na? Hey, we must watch Skyfall.”

I tell Sheriff that I’m not too keen on watching Bond drink beer. Besides, we won’t get to watch it till the 
festival is over and we’re back home.

“Aren’t there any theatres here?”

There is. It’s screening The Expendables 2. In Hindi.

Guns don't kill people. Movies like these do.

I don't care. I know I’ll be watching MarleyDekh Indian CircusRoad, Movie12 Monkeys and La Jetee. On the dunes. Under shooting stars. A totally different kind of skyfall, that. 

Of course, there seems to be a movie unfolding as we speak. Everywhere we go, we’re asked when we’re shooting. We’ve grown tired of explaining it’s not a film. It’s a 3-day festival. On the dunes. Ragasthan.

“Where is the location?”
“It’s a festival – art, music, culture festival. Near Sam Dunes.”

“So there will be cameras?”
“Err... yes.”

“So you’re the production people?”

I wonder if they’ll be expecting this movie to release some day.

It wouldn’t be half bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment