Saturday 16 November 2013

A Surreptitious Shit Storm

‘It’s a car, dude’.
‘Yeah! I can see that. What is it doing out there’?

‘It’s stuck’.
‘Stuck? But that’s BYOT, man. And this ain't even a crew car. How did it fucking get there’?


‘I don’t know. Someone must have driven it’.
‘Driven it - yeah, no shit. Real piece of work you are, man’.
‘Say what’?

That was then - November 16, 2012, the mother of all mothers, inaugural day – inaugural edition. Ragasthan 1.0 – a surreptitious shit storm that sneaked up on us like it was nobody’s business.

‘What do we do, dude’?
‘What? I am no Sunny Deol, man. My hands don’t weigh as much as an elephant’s trunk – you know that’.


‘What then, what do you have in mind’?
‘Well. I suggest we walk right past it’.
‘Say what’?

We were all waiting for it, yes. We had been. Some of us, in fact, had been waiting for this day since late 2009 – three years and counting.

Yet not one of us was the least bit ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment